At Wilderness, we are relentlessly applying software tools and technology to drive a paradigm shift in vegetation management operations to create unmatched levels of information access, budget management, productivity and ROW maintenance.
Powerful, Geospatial Technology
In conjunction with Clearion, our sister company, Wilderness has developed a customized vegetation management software to collect, upload, and store map-based spray data to help our clients maintain better records of herbicide treatments, based on our railway and roadside vegetation management contracts. This enables companies to plan and implement vegetation control programs for targeted, cost-effective right-of-way maintenance:
- Data collection and maintenance
- Archival of past vegetation control and clearing programs
- Productivity tools for the creation and management of digitized information
- Vegetation characteristics, clearing activities, and brush control along rights-of-way
- Automated cycle management for work tasks and patrols
- Reporting and analysis tools
As herbicide treatments take place, Wilderness records the data using the on/off switches on our spray equipment modified with GPS capabilities. This data is then uploaded into a GIS database that maps what is being applied. By maintaining an accurate history of the precise locations of herbicide application and the exact mix used and volume applied, the data can be analyzed to determine future treatments and:
- Ensure compliance
- Provide easy access to real-time regulatory reporting
- Streamline operations and minimize reliance on paper-based processes
- Deliver stronger, geospatial analytics and data-driven decisions
- Heighten your environmental stewardship (i.e., the right chemical for the right environment)
- Create a positive story of greater fiscal and environmental responsibility (i.e., less is better)
And because Clearion software was built on the Esri platform, the data that Wilderness provides to you conforms to industry standards that many organizations are adhering to today and can be integrated/leveraged across your many platforms.
How Clearion Works
Clearion’s highly configurable, commercial software is comprised of four integrated applications using a single Esri ArcGIS database.
- Clearion Work Manager
- Clearion Mobile
- Clearion Crew
- Clearion Web Portal (an operations dashboard)
Data is hosted in a secure online geodatabase to streamline:
- Syncing between the applications to ensure all users are working with the latest back office, mobile, and field data
- Meshing of spray data (from the Aeros spray controllers) with work management data (i.e., applicator, truck, non-spray time, timesheets, etc.)
A web portal is available to customers for viewing and analysis of the Wilderness’ program and end-of-day reporting is provided in either .shp files or .kml files.